How can you possibly stand the wait until Stretch performs onstage again at Carnival? There’s no real cure (except perhaps watching our YouTube channel), but I’m here to help. In honor of our Carnival piece, inspired by the upcoming movie Maleficent, I’ve put together a quiz of movies inspired by dance. How many dance movies can you name?
Step 1: Match the quote with the movie and see how many you can guess correctly.
Step 2: Watch all the movies for the answers you got wrong.
Step 3: Watch all the movies for the answers you got right.
Step 4: Come see Stretch perform at Carnival on April 30th!
1. A: So are you two sisters?
B: We dance in the same company.
A: Ah, ballerinas. No wonder you two look alike.
2. You won’t get any dancing here, it’s illegal.
3. You need to take off that 5th grade dance lookin’ top.
4. Just because I like ballet doesn’t mean I’m a poof, you know.
5. A: I told you to bring tights
B: Do I look like I own tights?
6. She can’t act, she can’t sing, she can’t dance. A triple threat.
7. I do ballet because it has nothing to do with the people. Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day.
8. I’m not dancing with you, all right? I’m not dancing with you ’til you dance like you’re supposed to!
9. A: It’ll never work.
B: Why not?
A: Because I hate you.
B: There’s only one business where that’s no problem at all.
10. I’d kill to dance like that. It’s like sex on hardwood.
Show me the answers!
Question 1: The correct answer is the Black Swan.
Question 2: The correct answer is Footloose.
Question 3: The correct answer is Save the Last Dance.
Question 4: The correct answer is Billy Elliot.
Question 5: The correct answer is Step Up.
Question 6: The correct answer is Singin’ in the Rain.
Question 7: The correct answer is Center Stage.
Question 8: The correct answer is Strictly Ballroom.
Question 9: The correct answer is Chicago.
Question 10: The correct answer is Take the Lead.